First of all Dave! My apology for not following the instructions that you provided in release 0.3. I was debating about it. On one hand, I understood I needed to do an external PR. On the other hand, I wanted to continue spending time understanding Telescope. It has growth on me. How about I gave a bonus — 2 failed PRs that I attempted for Telescope? but before that, let me talk about my successfully merged PR.
I made a few mistakes and commit quite a few PRs before it got merged. I actually spent pretty half the day working on it to ensure everyone who was reading my PR understand the purpose that I was trying to achieve. Dave also suggested me to update the docs as well to provide better information of how we do theming to new contributors. Moreover, I needed to explain to Dave why I did the thing I did because he is not doing that much theming for Telescope. This is a good lesson for me because if I could not explain it then I probably would not understand it.
Before this PR, I actually have two failed PRs. The first one is when I tried to configure the frontend testing environment for NextJS. It turned out to be a failure as the config files got polluted and did not perform as expected. It was disappointing not to get it worked after trying every single solution I could find from the internet. However, I learned that it would be better to separate the frontend and backend to different repos. The second failed PR was when I suggested social media sharing for Telescope’s blog post. It seemed to be a cool idea at the beginning, but turned out Telescope’s team prefer to have a clean look and avoid anything that they do not need at the moment. This one took me less time and I got to learn about component library that actually does social sharing. You don’t have to write many codes, just import and use the components. Overall, I actually attempted to make 3 PRs within the course of a week. Pretty impressive I would say :D!
Thank you for reading